samedi 3 septembre 2011

Grant them mercy and protection [Tobit 8:13-21]

In the morning the maid opened the door and went in. She found the two fast asleep together;  and she came out again and whispered, “all is well.”  Then Raguel blessed the God of heaven with these words: You are blessed, my God, with every blessing that is pure; may you be blessed for evermore! You are blessed for having made me glad. What I feared has not happened, instead you have shown us your boundless mercy. You are blessed for taking pity on this only son, this only daughter.

Grant them, Master, your mercy and your protection; let them live out their lives in happiness and in mercy. He called Tobias and said, “I will not hear of your leaving here for a fortnight. You are to stay where you are, eating and drinking, with me. You will make my daughter happy again after all her troubles.  After that, take away a half of all I have, and take her safe and sound back to your father. When my wife and I are dead you shall have the other half.

 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire